Staff Project Engineer
JOIN A TEAM RECOGNIZED FOR LEADERSHIP, INNOVATION AND DIVERSITY
Be part of a team leading and growth and overall profitability of the Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) Project Engineering Organization within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be the project/technical leader and be the primary decision maker for program cost, schedule and technical issues for your portfolio of projects. You will lead prioritization of work packages, design goals and objectives, and drive overall program performance for large cross-portfolio programs. In addition, this role will be responsible for the establishment and management of key product cost management strategies, with emphasis on the APU Additive Manufacturing strategy growth and associated project management/oversight.
This role will work closely as a critical leader with the APU project engineering leadership team, the APU Business Team, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME)/Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) and other relevant functional organizations across Aerospace to manage and execute the high value projects, to achieve competitive product costs, while embracing a sustaining model of continuous improvement for those projects and strategic initiatives that this role is responsible for.
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering
• Minimum of 12years of complex mechanical systems project engineeringexperience.
• Due to site requirements, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Business acumen knowledge of current and emerging practices, methods, and information relating to discipline and application within the industry
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Additive Manufacturing experience in an industry environment
• Strong management operating system that facilitates communication
• Ensures that departmental core competencies include continuous PE skill development.
• Understand of business objectives and more importantly the ability to interact with our customers, extended team and suppliers
• Work with functional leaders to prioritize resources and implement project objectives.
• Persuade to influence other to accept new concepts, strategies, practices, and approaches
• Project engineering leadership experiencewith APU products (or other relevant complex mechanical system).
• Self-starter, working successfully with minimum direction as part of a project team and across the APU Directorate.
• APU portfolioproduct knowledge is a plus.
• Demonstrated track record in managing a multiple project concurrently as a portfolio.
• Effective cross-functional communication skills to the extended team, as well as to executive leadership.
• Proven ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.
• Proven experience in developing and/or enabling a team to achieve innovative solutions using various tools/techniques.
• Be a big picture thinker, that can easily translate to executable plans
• Pragmatic problem solver with an execution focus.
• Black Belt or lean certification is a plus.
• Manufacturing experience is a plus
• Previous design experience is a plus
• Utilization of broad global and diverse perspectives to define optimal strategies, approaches, plans and solutions
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. In this position you will exercise discretion and independent judgment on matters of significance.