This position is restricted to US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders
The role of the program manager is to lead and manage aerospace electro-mechanical development projects to ensure they meet deliverables, product & project cost targets, and product performance objectives. The incumbent interfaces directly with the customer and works closely with various cross-functional team members to achieve these objectives. The approach is based on establishing plans, monitoring progress against plans, and taking action to manage risks throughout the life of the program. The program manager will be familiar with the different roles within the extended team and understand when and how to engage internaland external resources.
Specific functions of the Program Manager include:
- Manage overall risk of the program to ensure mitigation and contingency plans are in place.
- Manage day-to-day customer interaction and serve as a primary interface to the customer for project related issues.
- Creates and maintains project plans including a schedule and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Interface regularly with Product Management, Business Development, and Account Manager.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to management and team members.
- Monitor project scope and proactively manages any change requests.
- Manage project to approved budget and product cost against the target.
- Organizes recovery plan if any project objectives are not being met.
- Manage the development project to the AIM Process.
- Identify resources needed and work with Functional Managers to acquire resources if necessary.
- Facilitates team and Customer meetings.
- Identify any "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Work with team on new proposals ensuring schedules and costs are understood.
- Limited travel with potential international travel involved.
- Captures lessons learned for sharing with other teams.
- BS degree in a technical field with 8+ years relative experience
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams in matrix environment
- Proven record of teamwork
- Ability to negotiate resources, schedules and requirements
- Familiarity with project management tools such as project scheduling, risk and scope management
- PMP from Project Management Institute
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Experience in aerospace and/or electromechanical product development
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced degree in a technical field or MBA
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LORD Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law