We seek an twoexperienced Program Management practitioners for the roles of Staff Program Manager. These roles will support commercial and military aerospace business segments with customers spanning domestic andinternationallocations. Initially, one role will be focused on theAviation Recorder product line in Sarasota, Florida with growth into additional productportfolios across theAviation Products Division. The second role will support a large commercial program in Alpharetta, Georgia. This position has primary responsibility to lead Programs through the pursuit, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and close out phases of the program/project life cycle in the achievement of customer and business case objectives. In addition to serving as the owner of program performance, the Staff Program Manager will beresponsible for contributing to the overall performance ofAviation Products Division from aSales, P&L,balance sheet andcash flow perspective. The general roles andresponsibilitiesfor the Staff Program Manager will minimally include:
- Program Manage, as an individual contributor, large complex programs that are of a strategic nature to the business.
- Lead PM team through the business case development and pursuit phases of programs for development and production opportunities. Work with PM teams to participate in strategy formulation and transform objectives into cross functional execution plans needed for RFP and business case development.
- Lead the PM team to create enterprise wide program plans and management operating systems from which cross functional execution plans are developed. Responsible for ensuring all in service programs are adequately planned at a business and functional level to deliver on business case and customer contract objectives. Knowledge of core planning elements such as requirements planning, deliverables definition, milestone definition, risk management, resource management & critical path scheduling are key.
- Lead the PM teams through the monitoring and control phase of program execution using robust management operating systems and integrated cross functional teaming approaches. Responsible for ensuring scope, schedule and cost baseline change controls as well as delivering on production, quality and cost/profit objectives for assigned product lines. Knowledge of Earned Value techniques and reporting are key. Develop, maintain and manage internal performance scorecards for in service production/customer support programs.
- Lead PM team through the new product introduction phase of programs to ensure successful transition to production and customer services. Utilize a gated control and approval process for the Product life-cycle. Responsible for customer scorecard performance and the associated internal performance measures. Work across the functions to identify and plan activities required to continuously improve upon performance variances from business case objectives.
- Collaboratively partners with functional leaders across APD Division management to provide enterprise wide leadership. Focuses the organization on building robust customer and subcontractor relationships essential for growth and execution.
- Establish a process improvement culture within the Program Management team.
- Gets results in a way that inspires trust
- Leads by example and fosters ethical behavior within the team
- Drives a culture of transparency and integrity
- Leader of change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, seeks opportunities
- Strong internal / external customer service skills
- Encourages diversity of thought and perspective
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a matrix environment
- Strong business acumen
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- BS/BA level degree in Program Management, Engineering, Supply chain/operations or business level equivalent. Preference for MBA level candidates.
- PMP certification or equivalent Program Management certification.
- 10+ years in the aerospace industry, preferably experience with both commercial and defense programs.
- 5+ years of experience in progressive Program Management roles.
- Preference for candidates with knowledge and experience with aviation recorders, sitcom and displays technology and products.
- Program management practitioner experienced in leading through expert planning, baseline control, metrics and analytics. Demonstrated ability to create management operating systems.
- A demonstrated capability to think strategically and execute tactically. The successful candidate must be an integrative thinker with a strong foundation in data driven problem solving.
- A demonstrated depth and breadth in business acumen across the major functional disciplines including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Marketing and Sales.