KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Complete assignments involving a specific phase of an engineering project which may include design, development, testing.
- May assist in determining objectives & planning schedules of specific task within a given project.
- Conduct assignments encompassing entire project or a large portion of a major project.
- Co-ordinate activities with internal & external customers.
- Apply comprehensive & diverse knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of assignments.
- Plan, conduct & direct engineering assignments to completion in a requirements driven process.
- Provides a leadership role and serves as SME by providing high level input to strategies involving long-term vision of technologies. Provides business with technical guidance in highly visible and complex situations across the business and enterprise.
- Possesses thorough understanding of all precedents, practices, or engineering principles in a specialized field.
- Operates as the leader or owner of a complex set of activities; has both managerial and technical responsibilities as required. Ensures delivery of new products by providing future capacity and processes in support of the company’s strategic plan.
- Champions development methodologies across the franchise to ensure customer value.
- Demonstrated Self-sufficiency.
- Strategic and Conceptual Thinker
- May co-ordinate, direct activities of other technical support staff & be responsible for their assignments.
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience, is required.
- Experience in medical device industry, regulated industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma and Process Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is required.
- Experience with Metals and Plastics component process development, Assembly Process Development, Design for Manufacturing/ Design for Assembly is preferred.
- A Green/Black Belt Certification is preferred. Experience with Metal Stamping and/or Plastic Injection Molding Equipment is preferred.
- Experience collaborating outside vendors and suppliers is required.
- Metal Injection Molding, Elastomeric and Electronic Components, Ultrasonic Device Development, Lean Manufacturing Principals/Certification, Tooling experience is preferred.
- The ability to create designs for production and fabrication is required.
- Experience solving technical issues in a development environment of electro-mechanical products is preferred.
- This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
Requisition ID: 6022171204