Does the idea of developing components for a Lidar camera one day, and a virus detection test the next, intrigue you? At IMT, that’s the type of work we do every day. We build the tiny technologies (MEMS) that empower tomorrow's innovations.
IMT is seeking a driven individual to be part of our Development Engineering Team. Develop process integration for MEMS to ensure quality, cost and manufacturability are met. Troubleshoot development problems with the fabrication process and take corrective action. Develop new processes and approaches which improve on designs. Work closely with management and customers on technical issues and problem resolution. Compile and present data to management and customers during product development and production.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor wafer fabrication processes and operating lithography, vacuum, electroplating, and wet etch systems for the development and production of MEMS products.
- Reengineering of products and developing improvements
- Create process flows and design of experiments
- Create/edit/maintain necessary documentation
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements of data
- Work closely with other Engineers and Technicians for quality control and manufacturing
- Leading the technical side of product development for individual programs
- A degree in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry or other relevant physical science
- BA/BS with a minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience in wafer processing
- Strong experience in data analysis and demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Background in MEMS or CMOS development or manufacturing
- Experience working in cross-functional teams of various backgrounds
- Industry experience in Etch, Cleans, Lithography and/or Thin Films
- Ability to work in both a clean room environment and an office environment
- Must be able to don and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Each additional level of education will be considered in lieu of industry experience
- SPC and JMP experience
- Experience working directly with customers
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Ability to lead an inter-disciplined group without direct reports
Desired Skill Set:
- Masters or PhD preferred
- Previous work as a process engineer in Etch or Lithography
- Lean 6 sigma qualification
- Focused background in optics, photonics, magnetics or RF
- Zemax or equivalent optical design program expertise
- COMSOL or equivalent FEM modeling program expertise
- Experience in electrical test and yield analysis
- Python, Java, C++ programming
- Previous experience leading technical programs
IMT builds tiny technologies (MEMS) to help tackle the great problems of our time. The company is a nexus of brilliant minds and unique manufacturing capabilities helping its customers deliver revolutionary solutions for cell therapy, cloud computing, autonomous vehicles, DNA sequencing, IoT sensing, molecular diagnostics, and many other important fields.
Join us and you will get a chance to play a role in the next generation of technologies improving the planet. You will also be able to write your own legacy within a unique, stable, and small-company environment with leading MEMS experts. If you are looking to join a team passionate about bringing tomorrow’s technology to life, we want to talk to you!