The candidate must have demonstrated leadership and willingness to accept ownership of driving solutions to difficult problems. S/he will need to have a strong engineering discipline to quickly assess technical implications and drive the organization in the right direction.
- Strong foundation in process development, validation and improvement in high volume manufacturing for opto-mechanical, semiconductor or MEMS products.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex engineering problems with minimal assistance while drawing inputs from manufacturing, quality and design functions.
- Experience in requirements development, process/machine development and verification, documentation, FMEA and assembly automation
- Statistical background developing, executing, analyzing and presenting DOE, SPC and GR&R
- Proven track record of analyzing defects and yield to prioritize failure analysis/root cause investigation and aggressively manage continuous improvement efforts.
- Experience launching CM + ODM partners for opto-mechanical and MEMS products.
- Demonstrated understanding of machine qualification including calibration, correlation, capability, repeatability and reproducibility.
- Familiar with product quality control and assurance systems such as APQP and PPAP.
- Black Belt Certification
- 3D CAD experience, Solidworks preferred
As an integral member of the process engineering team, this individual will be responsible for executing and delivering on process engineering initiatives to improve quality, reliability, capacity and cost on new/existing products.
Required experience and education:
- BS in mechanical, materials, electrical engineering or related technical field. MSpreferred.
- Minimum 8+ years in technical field and 5+ years focused on semiconductor and MEMS package design/development, assembly process engineering and materials engineering design.