We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Staff Process Engineer located in Port Neches, TX. Tin this role, you will support Huntsman's EO/EG Surfactants & Amines manufacturing operations. Will ensure the performance of these units meet our commitments with regard to production volume and cost; and to maintain and improve Huntsman's leadership in manufacturing technology.
What will be expected from you?
- Identify projects to improve the overall profitability of operating units and interface with Business Teams to improve profitability and evaluate new opportunities
- Conduct process scope development for capital projects (justifications, conceptual design, etc.) Review proposed capital work for technical feasibility and operability.
- Participate in/lead incident investigations to improve plant safety, eliminate environmental releases and operability.
- Work on process improvements or capital improvements that will increase production, reduce energy usage, optimize unit economics, reduce operating costs, and reduce by-products/off-spec production.
- Conduct process simulations and modeling of the operating areas.
- Provide technical support to Operation Groups and Maintenance Groups and assist in the resolution of unit process issue including selection of specific products (catalyst, inhibitors, etc.) for improved unit performance for capital project.
- Participate in Process Safety Management, including HAZOP, PSSR, etc. and in the Behavior Based Safety Program.
- Provide support in development of unit operating procedures and standard operation conditions.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate procedures and guidelines. Make sure that annual required training is completed on-time.
- Participate in Six Sigma Process and serve as a Green Belt for Unit improvements
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure requiredstaffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- BachelorDegree in Chemical Engineering and 5 plus years of experience.
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical thinker with conceptual understanding and ability of applying experiences and knowledge to identify best solutions.
- Able to solve complex problems and identifying the appropriate resources.
- Able to build relationships across all organizational lines.
- Knowledge and experience with Aspen Plus or equivalent process simulating software.
- Proven troubleshooting ability.
- Experience with ethylene oxide unit operations is desirable.