Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range ofproducts.
As a senior member of the Wireless Solutions Group, the candidate will be responsible for validation and characterization of new products. This position is hardware, software, and lab analysis oriented. The candidate will assist junior engineers and lab technicians in data collection, lead process improvements, and develop/recommend new DFT methodologies. Perform data analysis, develop validation plans and reports, and represent the validation team throughout the product development process. The candidate must be a team player, self-motivated, possess good communication skills, able to work in a fast paced challenging environment, and work with cross-functional teams across different sites.
- Validate and perform characterization testing for our new 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Develop test fixtures and device test programs to guarantee data sheet specifications.
- Skilled use of standard lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, meters, power supplies, and other measurement instruments.
- Work independently and provide technical direction for junior team members.
- Interface with and support Design, Verification, Applications, Product & Test Engineering, Marketing, and other design organizations.
- Develop validation requirements and validation test plans for both peripherals and full chip SOC operation based on device specifications and design requirements.
- Validate and debug Silicon in support of product release.
- Develop and improve automated validation bench setups and scripts.
- Bring up validation test boards, bench setups, and independently collect data and debug issues.
- Direct and/or make necessary changes to hardware boards and test setups to correct issues quickly and minimize the validation cycle time.
- Extensive experience in post silicon validation, able to automate the validation process to reduce the overall validation cycle time.
- BSEE with a minimum of 10 years of IC validation experience.
- Solid experience validating microcontrollers , good knowledge of microcontroller architecture and preferably a working knowledge of MIPS architecture and instruction set.
- Strong experience in C programming language and Assembly Language.
- Strong experience in one or more scripting languages – Perl/Python/TCL/etc.
- Solid understanding of Key Peripherals: USB, Ethernet, CAN, SPI, I2C, CAN, UART, TIMERS, etc.
- Solid understanding of SOC infrastructure involving Power-Management, clock distribution, and emulation.
- Excellent engineering documentation skills, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized, methodical, and detail oriented.
- A self-motivated team player who can work with various cross-functional groups across different sites.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities toapplicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.