GERIATRICS & CONTINUING CARE MEDICINE
A physician board certified in both geriatrics and internal medicine providing care for skilled nursing facility (SNF) patients who are continuing their post-hospital recovery in a SNF, along with providing palliative and hospice care.
- Provides clinical care with emphasis on the whole patient including not only the medical needs, but the cognitive, psychological, functional and social needs.
- Devotes considerable attention to working with patients and their families in developing goals of care and successful transitions.
- Coordinates care management proactively working with the healthcare team to produce good outcomes.
- Teaches internal medicine residents the art of geriatrics, hospice care and palliative care.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Takes call and shares other duties as determined by the Division Head, Geriatrics & Continuing Care Medicine.
- Participates in clinical program development.
- Ability to function effectively in an integrated multi-specialty medical group.
- Ability to work a variable schedule.
- Objective judgment.
- Committed to highest clinical standards.
- Respected by colleagues and ancillary staff.
- Supportive of the institution's mission and goals.