Job Summary and Responsibilities: Responsible for providing direct patient care for patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
1. Provides supervision of and assistance to house staff in areas of clinical decision making.
2. Supervises the care provided by Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
3. Is available to Nursing and other staff (e.g. social service, patient relations) to address issues related to patient care or other related problematic operational areas.
4. Assures that adequate medical records are maintained through periodic assessment of charts during the shift, as well as by the regular review of a representative sample of records.
5. Participates in quality assurance activities of both a concurrent and retrospective nature.
6. Participates in educational programs for physician and other professional staff as determined by the Chief or Chair.
7. Serves on various standing ad hoc committees as assigned by the Chair.
8. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
9. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Working Conditions: Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Medical degree from a recognized Medical School.
2. Completion of a residency program from an accredited medical institution.
3. Completion of all Continuing Medical Education requirements of the State of New Jersey and Hackensack University Medical Center.
4. Member in good standing of Hackensack University Medical Center's Medical staff as an Attending Physician.
5. Ability to effectively communicate with professional peers, department members and all levels of administration.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Academic Appointment in Medical School.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Medical Doctor License or Doctor of Osteopathy License.
2. Controlled Dangerous Substances Physician Certification.
3. NJ Drug Enforcement Administration Certification.
Job ID 20209