Burns & McDonnell assists clients of all sizes and industries by providing extensive physical and cyber security services ranging from assessments, integrated security solutions, and large security architecture designs. Services we typically provide include security and safety system design, threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments, security surveys, security system design, security master planning, compliance to federal security programs, independent validation and verification of integrated security system operations, management of installation and maintenance, and staff augmentation to develop and implement facility management and protection processes. Burns & McDonnell is looking for consultants that will be responsible for the implementation of programs to provide physical protection of people, information, facilities, and other critical assets for our clients.
- Perform security studies and assessments, security planning, security design, and other consulting services.
- Evaluate client needs for new or modified security systems and products to determine feasibility, time frames and compatibility with current systems.
- Evaluate client security programs and strategies to determine overall program effectiveness.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and select alternate systems or products for implementing security systems design.
- Review policies, procedures, and regulations that may affect physical security expectations at client’s offices and project sites.
- Provide vendor management including recommending and selecting vendors for solution.
- Perform the design, planning, implementation, assessment, and management of access control systems, digital video surveillance systems, CCTV (Closed-circuit television), building security, building automation, and physical intrusion detection systems.
- Develop complex information and decision-making systems that encompass diverse technologies including unified management software, access control, intrusion detection, video surveillance, streaming video, data, voice, wireless, sensors, door hardware, etc.
- Evaluate, recommend, and integrate technologies into various new and existing sites and facilities, and the implementation of plans for systems growth, operations, and personnel requirements.
- Perform detailed and technical analysis of Industrial Control System (ICS) and help integrate cyber security solutions.
- Identify operational issues and present design alterations to address these issues.
- Perform vulnerability assessments of critical electric infrastructure, for both compliance and security purposes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in security management, electronics, technology, or equivalent. Minimum 5 years of physical security consulting experience or relevant equivalent in a corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to create technical project deliverables including reports, assessments, and preliminary sketches.
- Experience with AutoCAD, and Revit preferred, not required.
- CPP and/or PSP certification, or obtained within 12 to 24 months of employment
- Strong knowledge of physical security policies, procedures, and regulations (NERC, CFATS, RAM-WTM, J100-10, FSMA)
- Experience executing security assessment methodology within different market sectors
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbal and written technical information
- Strong knowledge of the cyber security capabilities of operating systems, networking devices, control systems, and vendor offerings.
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art computer/network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable cyber security standards involving electric power systems, including those relating to process networks.