Coordinates, controls activities, plans, and programs of the designated areas of responsibilities as well as develops and protects department assets. Coordinates and implements generic, therapeutic, and compliance programs in retail and mail order areas while assuring daily and long-term business goals are met or exceeded within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics.
- Responsible for start-up administration and coordination of pharmaceutical care programs to ensure processing of customer’s prescription orders in a timely, efficient, and quality manner. This could include leading, assisting or overseeing the operation of the work team.
- Trains and ensures on-going development of technicians and coordinators.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy laws.
- Responsible for all questions, dialogues, and issues which relate directly to patient therapy.
- Conducts data and clinical reviews and taking necessary actions to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of medications.
- Provides clinical consultation and knowledge to patients, doctors, and insurance plans as needed.
- Follows guidelines and procedures for all job responsibilities in order to meet goals. Adheres to company policies and procedures including all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Using problem solving skills to accurately and efficiently process orders along with providing feedback to enhance program initiatives.
- BS in Pharmacy or PharmD and at least 1 year of experience in a retail pharmacy environment.
- Required registration/licensure as an RPh as granted by that applicable state licensing agency.
- Experience motivating team members to research and resolve issues. - Knowledge of insurance plans
- Experience working with confidential information. - Willing to work non-standard hours, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Willingness to obtain other state pharmacy licenses if needed.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems including Intercom, Promise, and Plus.
- Knowledge of PCC, Intercom Plus, and/or P2000 computer systems.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).