PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica is recruiting a Full Time Staff Pharmacist to join our team.
The Staff Pharmacist will dispense medications and pharmaceutical solutions according to authorized medical care provider.
- Provide pharmaceutical care that includes cost conscious therapeutic drug monitoring, pharmacokinetic evaluations, and documentation of patient medical records.
- Respond to pharmaceutical inquires from patients, medical personnel, and pharmacy staff.
- Oversee activities and assign projects to resident pharmacist and other pharmacy personnel.
- Responsible for transferring prescriptions, handling incoming physician calls, logging data into the computer, and Drug Utilization Review.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Each essential function is required, although reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate.
- Experience preferred, new graduates encouraged to apply
- Current Pharmacist license in the state of Pennsylvania required.
- IV clinical experience preferred.
- Must be available to work 2:30pm-11pm, Monday-Friday and rotating weekends (40 hours per week)