Pharmacist will implement the provision of pharmacy services. These activities include the accurate, timely dispensing and preparation of medications; maintaining safe, efficient and effective operations and services that achieve definite outcomes that improve our patients quality of life; and follow the rules and regulations as defined by law and the professional standards set by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists.
Reports To: Pharmacy Supervisor Supervises
Position Requirements: Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Must have a valid California license to practice pharmacy.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree, or preferably a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- A minimum of one year of experience in hospital pharmacy practice through an academic training program or hospital pharmacy internship.
- Experience with working with a number of different methods of drug distribution systems.
- Has been previously involved in clinical pharmacy services and able to communicate and teach.
- Has supervised pharmacy technicians.
- Knowledge of JCAHO requirements, Quality Improvement, and Quality Monitoring for Pharmacy Services.
- Professional standards established by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists.
- JCAHO Standards for health care organizations.
- Be familiar with all Federal and State laws and regulations of his or her profession.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Establish good rapport and maintain a cooperative working relationship with other employees and physicians, and with other departments of the hospital.