Cigna Medical Group offers Pharmacists a unique practice environment. Pharmacists are part of a team effort to provide optimum patient care in an outpatient setting. Pharmacists are encouraged to become part of a collaborative team approach and build professional relationships with the providers and nurses to insure quality patient care for our members.
- Insures that patient therapies are appropriate utilizing clinical knowledge.
- Counsels patients on appropriate use of prescription and non-prescription medications and therapies.
- Educates patients in various disease states according to drug therapies.
- Provides and document appropriate MTM (Medication Therapy Management) services.
- Prepares and dispenses medication according to provider instructions including compounding.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Complies with all Federal, State, and Company regulations governing the practice of Pharmacy.
- Works in and foster a collaborative team environment to provide excellent patient care.
- Helps maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment.
- Works closely with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other Staff Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians to insure that annual performance goals are met or exceeded.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist in good standing with the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
- Experience in an outpatient pharmacy setting is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient technical skills utilizing Microsoft Applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn internal and external pharmacy systems.