For the Pharmacist committed to improving patient care and promoting optimal efficiencies, who has had enough of running in the crazy retail world,, we have just the role for you.
At AlixaRx, maintain working in your profession while enjoying a flexible work-life balance schedule. As our Staff Pharmacist, you'll learn the distribution side of pharmacy services and perform prescription verification duties in a dispensing pharmacy that delivers remote automated and customized pharmacy services as well as superior customer service. If you’re seeking an opportunity with a cutting-edge and innovative company who is transforming medication management in post-acute care, then we want to hear from you.
What You'll Do:
Based in our Eden Prairie Pharmacy Hub as a Staff Pharmacist, you will take ownership and accountability for the successful completion of all pharmacy production duties and tasks and achievement of pharmacy branch goals. This includes monitoring and managing the prescription process in the pharmacy, as well as assisting in the daily activities. Your service is essential to meet the needs of our end customer, the long-term care patient. Listening carefully, resolving issues appropriately, assuring accuracy and providing precise direction will be important for your success; especially as you guide pharmacy employees engaged in mixing, packaging, labeling and changing prescription orders.
What You'll Bring:
AlixaRx is built on hallmark strengths - innovative technology, quality pharmacy services, understanding and meeting customer needs, exceptional service, and a strong work ethic - so we are looking for a professional who shares our values. Other qualifications, skills and abilities you bring to the table include the following.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or school of pharmacy
- Long-term care pharmacy experience as a Pharmacist preferred
- License to practice pharmacy is required in the state is required.
- Must also be willing to obtain licensure for multiple states per request of the General Manager
- Supervisory experience preferred with leadership abilities to coordinate multiple associates and provide direction to accomplish job functions
The ability to:
- Review prescriptions issued by physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed
- Compounds sterile and non-sterile medications, using standard formulas and processes, such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients
- Direct other pharmacy employees engaged in mixing, packaging, labeling and change to prescription orders
- Responsible for the accuracy intake of prescription orders and the efficient fulfillment of orders
- Dispense medications, support/counsel nursing facility staff on the use of prescription and over-the-counter medications, and advise physicians about medication therapy
- Counsel nursing facility staff about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, and stress management, and provide information on products, such as durable medical equipment or home healthcare supplies
- Establish and maintain methods and style of storage and record maintaining systems for providing safekeeping of medicines or pharmaceuticals
- Promote open communications between internal and external customers, to enhance cooperative efforts, improve pharmacy service and production performance
- Ownership and accountability for the successful completion of all pharmacy production duties and tasks and achievement of pharmacy branch goals
- Support customers after-hours, weekends, and holidays through on-call support process
- Assist in promoting communication and adequate information flow throughout the pharmacy
- Assist in the development of quality improvements and prescription order accuracy
- Assist in the development and maintenance of interaction with physicians, residents and facility administrators regarding prescription and pharmacy consulting issues; responsible and accountable for positive customer relations
- Assist in staff education on utilization management concepts and activities, pharmacy staff training evaluation and development
Join a team committed to improving patient care and help us continue to reinvent pharmacy services.