We are looking for Staff Packaging Engineer for our client in Irvine, CA
Job Title: Staff Packaging Engineer
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Develop world-class capabilities and provide a competitive advantage to Client, through packaging design and project management.
- Lead new packaging technology or process development projects as a subject matter expert (SME); research, prototype, design, develop and validate novel packaging systems. Identify industry best practices for optimization and synergy in NPD or Operations packaging across key product platforms S: 25% / NPD: 15%
- Develop protocols for, and implement, package design, packaging process validation, and package shelf life testing; may approve and/or review protocols of lower level engineers Provide strategic and technical direction on the validation of new packaging equipment and packaging manufacturing processes to determine appropriate sourcing, purchasing, installation planning and specifications
- Lead in the improvement, design and optimization of complex packaging for new product launches, throughout all stages of product development from concept to launch, including clinical trials, global and limited market releases, as well as key operations initiatives (S: 10%) / NPD: 30%)
- Develop and establish complex project plans by utilizing own input as well as input from working closely with cross-functional team members and outside suppliers of materials and services
- Develop and design test methods for new applications to meet unique criteria
- Oversee packaging support tasks (e.g., scheduling and processing lab work); give instruction to, train and provide feedback to technicians/engineers; coordinate technicians/engineers work; may oversee or supervise lower level technicians/engineers
- Other incidental duties assigned by Leadership.
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite; CAD experiencepreferred (if applicable)
- Excellent technical documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Good understanding of statistical techniques
- Previous experienceworking with lab/industrial equipment required (if applicable)
- Extensive technical understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of standardized package testing and device regulatory requirements
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Extensive understanding of processes and equipment used in assigned work
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management and stakeholders
- Ability to develop and execute protocols for package design, packaging processes validation and package shelf life testing, validate packaging equipment and packaging manufacturing processes
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence change
- Knowledge of and adherence to Client's Environmental Health and Safety and Quality guidelines as they relate to department clean room medical device manufacturing • Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Ability to represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 6 years experience including either industry or industry/education Required Or Master's Degree or equivalent 6 years experience including either industry or industry/education Required Or Ph.D. or equivalent in in Engineering or Scientific field , 2 years experience including either industry or industry/education Required