Staff Nurse - RN - Milieu Manager Psychotic Disorders Unit
Staff Nurse - RN - Milieu Manager Psychotic Disorders Unit – Day/Evening Rotating
Over a century ago, NewYork-Presbyterian/Westchester Division introduced the world to moral, humanistic psychiatric care. We blazed the way for use of the Planetree model and are the first behavioral health facility to be recognized as a Planetree Designated Patient-Centered Hospital. Today, top talented nurses continue to use compassionate, evidence-based practices. It’s a progressive environment—and a premier opportunity for your career.
Produce amazing patient outcomes by functioning as a stabilizer on the Psychotic Disorders Unit in the newly developed role as a RN Milieu Manager. Actively engage with patients in the milieu at all times, to foster an environment of safety, and to provide ongoing clinical assessment, support, and monitoring of all patients. Reinforce therapeutic, trusting relationships between patients and staff, creating the ability to proactively provide quality care and reduce the need for intrusive interventions. Join our dynamic, cohesive team in the development and evolution of this exciting new role.
The position will work on 12 hour day or evening shifts with 1 x 8 hour shift every other week.
- A minimum of one year of inpatient psychiatric nursing experience
- Possession of clinical assessment acumen with acute psychiatric patients
- Adept at using therapeutic communication, de-escalation techniques, and intervention methodology
- Ability to successfully navigate within an interdisciplinary team
- Strong leadership ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
- BCLS certification
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.