Job Overview We are looking for an exceptional Mechanical Engineer who is driven and inspired to create precision mechanism devices. This is a person who has a passion for all aspects of mechanical development and has a proven history to have been successful doing so.
As a member of the mechanical engineering team in Fort Washington, the team member will be responsible for the design, development, documentation and testing of mechanical subsystems and robotic automation equipment for the semiconductor industry. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop some or all of the following:
- High speed, precision motion systems for semiconductor assembly equipment for a market leader in the field.
- Critical process enabling technology to support customer requirements for semiconductor assembly.
- Precision optical structures for machine vision optics.
- High speed and precision actuators.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design mechanical components, modules and systems according to system specifications with a focus on design for excellence (DFX)
- Assessment of mechanical designs and reliability using hand calculations, FEA, statistics, etc
- Support fabrication and build of prototype and production systems
- Development of design documentation
- Create product validation plan including required testing through experimental setups
- Define mechanical sub-system requirements and specifications
- Provide technical support to our field engineers and customers
- Degree in Mechanical engineering (BS minimum, MS preferred)
- 8+ years of hands-on engineering development experience with electromechanical systems
- CAD program experience (NX preferred)
- Finite element analysis software experience
- GD&T knowledge
- Work in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
Helpful Skills and Experience:
- Motion System design (linear and rotary)
- Motor, bearing, encoder selection for high speed motion performance, precision, robustness, cost effectiveness
- Vibration testing, modal analysis, design for servo control
- Motion performance testing
- FEA analysis
- Sense of timeliness and desire in wanting to find solutions for new product development
- Hands on orientation in solving all levels of product development
- Good intuitive understanding of dynamics
- Research of new technologies and methods through academic literature
- CAD design and drawings for prototype and production parts
- Development and design of unique manufacturing methods
- Supplier relationship development
- Design Verification Testing