TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes. TEGTA16
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Provide engineering support for extrusion processes and tooling. Support internal manufacturing, quality and sales operations for all assigned projects; Provide research and development support for all assigned processes, presents research as needed to clients; Function as internal expert on manufacturing platforms within the organization. Investigate process improvements and/or alternatives. Recommend and implement new processes and process improvements.
- Lead, direct, influence and coordinate project objectives, completion dates, and technical specs.
- Exercise judgment to define manufacturing requirements and processes, test, troubleshoot, repair, and validate equipment. Document work in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Develop, document, plan, and is responsible to oversee the execution of process validation protocols through IQ,OQ,PQ on new processes and legacy process changes.
- Evaluate and analyze results, develop design improvements and implement them, develop test procedures, test specifications, and supporting documentation
- Guide and develop other personnel by precedent and within the limits of all established procedures and regulatory requirements. Analyze product, customer, and regulatory requirements to ensure processes, tools, fixtures and equipment requirements are properly translated and implemented into documentation.
- Review potential product modifications and consult with customers, suppliers, and others to determine the best approach. Build prototypes and ensure products meet customer’s requirements and expectations.
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering to define quantitative parameters for quality inspection and testing as required per customer and regulatory quality requirements.
- Determine safety limits/requirements and set appropriate limitations and safeguards to ensure safe operation.
- Investigate equipment/process problems, devise methods of repair, and make adjustments or direct related efforts of others. Document what was done and train maintenance personnel and production associates to eliminate repeat issues.
- Attends/participates in a variety of meetings/task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain high level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Leads and participates in Kaizen activity.
- Work with Operations to schedule engineering activities requiring resources outside the engineering team.
- Train personnel on new equipment, processes, and changes to existing processes.
- Must have Solid knowledge/experience with multi-lumen extrusion process; Tube Extrusion; technical writing; tool design; automation; manufacturing processes; waste elimination through Lean Manufacturing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology; broad knowledge of discipline, mechanicalelectrical engineering.
- 7 years’ experience in engineering of manufactured products or comparable related technical activity, including the application of advanced engineering principles and technology.
- Possess the demonstrated ability to recognize and apply theoretical concepts to real world applications.
- Five+ years of experience in multi-lumen extrusion process; Tube Extrusion manufacturing or similar experience.
- Preferred knowledge of FDA and ISO 13485, GMP Practices & Lean Manufacturing processes
- Experience working with medical devicespreferred.
- Experience using Solidworks or similar software and ability to read blueprints and specifications
- Experience using drafting tools, machine tools, hand and power tools, and electronic test devices.