Googlers around the world rely on the stability and security of our Corporate Platforms in order to get their jobs done. As a Staff Manager with the group responsible for all of Google’s internal operating systems, you will be part of a global leadership team that creates tomorrow’s technology solutions today, then puts those solutions in the hands of Google employees around the globe.
You are an inspirational leader with experiencerecruiting, developing and guiding a talented team of engineering and operations professionals. You will bring a passion for pushing the edge of technology, and use that passion to facilitate large-scale enterprise adoption of cloud-based computing and mobiletechnologies. You have a solid technical foundation and the flexibility, talent and aptitude to learn new technologies and lead a variety of projects and teams across the organization.
As a Staff Manager within Global Infrastructure, you will lead transformation efforts to enable the planning and delivery of non-production compute infrastructure to cost, quality and delivery metrics.
You'll manage complex, multidisciplinary projects, partnering with Operations, Hardware, and Software Engineering teams to develop a vision, design and execute plans, and enable scale. Leveraging your extensive leadership and technical experience, you will lead an organization of Technical and Engineering Program Managers, who manage cross-functional capacity and deployment projects. A core focus is managing Alphabet’s internal IT demand requirements and developing strategies to increase the migration to Google’s Cloud Product.
Your team’s core mission is to enable Alphabet’s compute, storage and general hosting solutions, on industry and Google platforms, to meet the ever-changing hosting needs of our engineering and general administration teams.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead transformational efforts to scale and improve operational efficiency, cycle time, predictability, and on-time delivery of Alphabet’s non-production infrastructure.
- Develop strategy and goals aligned with customer needs and delivery speed, cost and service objectives. Oversee design, implementation, and delivery of transformation initiatives.
- Identify delivery metrics and lead efforts to improve the efficiency, quality and cost of resource management to scale with the growth of Google.
- Navigate among highly interdependent and sometimes conflicting requirements and objectives across a wide range of cross-functional organizations, providing the judgment and leadership that results in globally-optimal outcomes for Google and its users.
- BA/BS degree in a technical or engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of industry experience in one or more of the following fields: Computer/Hardware Engineering, Networking Technology, Data Center Design and Deployment, Distributed Computing and/or Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience leading and building technical teams in a fast-paced high-tech environment.
- Experience managing large-scale, dynamic technical projects.
- Master's degree in a technical or engineering field.
- Experience in an Engineering role at a large-scale organization before transitioning into Project Management and Leadership roles.
- Experience in an operations or IT/software role across all phases of a product from prototype to mass production to end of life.
- Aptitude for quantitative assessment and analysis across multiple technical disciplines.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, consultation and organizational skills.