This position requires an in-depth knowledge of OSHA and or WISHA regulations. Have experience in Workers Compensation or Washington state Title 51 regulations (for self-insured worker's compensation) and a knowledge of state and federal hygiene regulations. This knowledge is required to manage and direct the location health and safety systems, programs, and culture. Additionally the position requires the ability to plan, develop, and implement management systems and programs to improve departmental objectives. The position requires highly developed human relations and communication skills necessary to direct and motivate subordinate personnel and to influence senior management in and outside of Intalco.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with appropriate federal and state agencies as well as brokers and TPA's, involved in matters of industrial hygiene, safety and workers compensation, security and loss control.
2. Works with corporate personnel to assure programs administration. Conforms with internal requirements.
3. Participates with environmental control and public affairs personnel in matters of formulating positions on legislative issues, both state and federal.
4. Supervises a technically competent loss prevention group in such a manner that high-quality service is provided to the line organization on a consistent basis.
5. Advises top management relative to major loss prevention problems which may require large capital investments and/or create labor relations problems.
6. Maintains good relationships with Federal & State safety and hygiene personnel to stay abreast of statutory hearings and changes and to assure good lines of communication during any crisis which may arise.
7. Works within the aluminum industry to eliminate industry-wide loss prevention problems and/or conflicts with existing or planned legislation.
8. Remains alert to technical changes in the loss prevention field and conveys the appropriate information to subordinates and field personnel.
9. Develops subordinates to allow them to capitalize on their inherent capabilities for personal growth and to better serve the company.
10. Is responsible for knowing role and responsibilities within Intalco's Environmental, Health, & Safety management system.
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering or Safety.
5 years in a safety related role.
Ability to influence and communicate across the spectrum of the workforce (i.e. from management through to operators and maintainers)
10 years of increasing responsibility in a safety related field in an industrial environment.
Excellent command of English language, both in verbal and written understanding and the ability to speak and write clearly
Computer literacy; MS office and related packages
Results-Focused attitude to work
Strong work ethic and devotion to safe, clean and efficient production