As Staff Infrastructure Engineer at HackerOne, you will lead ambitious projects, drive deep architectural discussions and decisions, and you will mentor other team members within the squad. You deeply understand what it takes to build highly available, performant, and durable cloud architecture. You work cross-functionally, earning buy-in from stakeholders across the organization, with a service mentality.
Your work will contribute directly to the success of our company, and we are excited to meet you.
Mission of the Infra Squad at HackerOne
Our mission is to Serve HackerOne’s Platform, Services, and People. Our work upholds all of HackerOne core digital products: Bug Bounty and Vulnerability Disclosure Programs, Pentest, Gateway VPN, Payments, Integrations, Messaging, and much more.
We believe in a growth mindset, and we invest in our engineering skills and security awareness. We're highly collaborative and continuously iterative, sharing our knowledge with each other as we go. We work to raise the tide of engineering excellence within the organization, alongside Security, Data, Product Engineering, Compliance, and IT.
Your Journey at HackerOne
- Your first week will be spent setting up your development environment, getting a feel for our Infra team processes, digging into our documentation, and landing an MR!
- By day 30, you will have met most all of your fellow Engineering HackerOnies, you will have paired with other Infra engineers, you will have a strong feel for our codebases and infrastructure, and will be prepared to make recommendations for projects and improvements to the way we work
- By day 60, you will have been eased into our on-call rotations, you’ll be leading a meaningful project for the team, and you will have become more connected within the larger HackerOne organization
- By day 90, you’ll have impressed your colleagues with your technical contributions, you’ll have earned trust and credibility within the larger Engineering team, and you’ll be poised to present some of your work to the whole company through a Lunch Session, or a Lightning Talk at our weekly All-Hands
- Your experience from here is yours to Own. You could expand your influence through Technical Guild work. You could innovate during a Hack Week, by building something amazing that solves a problem for another team. You could even join or form a Committee within the company to work on a new initiative
Who You Are
- You are a professional software engineer with strong leadership abilities
- You have earned confidence and humility through years of deep experience
- With a terminal and a browser, you can build just about any kind of cloud architecture
- You are a flexible thinker, able to creatively solve old problems in new ways, and new problems in old ways
- You can earn trust from your colleagues, plan a project, align priorities, groom a sprint, lead and model the work, document your decisions, and complete the project cleanly
- You have a strong interest in secure software patterns and best practices, ideally with a deep understanding of contemporary InfraSec principles
- You know how to make a strong impact on a team level, while influencing the larger Engineering organization, and even the entire company
- You are an effective Champion, always pushing for architectural improvement and the reduction of manual work, while promoting engineering best practices
- You naturally support, inspire, and mentor your colleagues