$250K — $250K+*
The Staff Hardware Engineer will be responsible for research, design, and building APCON’s next generation of products while contributing to the existing product lines.
• Designs and develops new leading edge network switch solutions from conception through production
• Analyzes hardware requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
• Consults with engineering team members to evaluate operational and performance requirements of overall system
• Participates in technical reviews of product requirements
• Participates in schematic and layout reviews
• Develops functional tests to support quality assurance
• Designs and implements design verification tests (DVT)
• Updates existing product lines as needed
• Works closely with SW engineers to optimize design and debug products
• Works in both an independent and team environment to meet product delivery goals
Qualifications and Requirements
• 15+ years’ hardware development experience in a communications related product design
• Experience in 1G/10G/25G/100G Ethernet or other high-speed digital designs
• Experience with a variety of local buses and interfaces - PCIe, SATA, DDR3/4, SGMII, RXAUI, etc.
• Use of CAD design tools for schematic entry and library creation (Cadence OrCAD preferred)
• Validation of design via physical measurements and functional tests
• Experience working with FAB House and PCB Designer to generate stackups
• Experience with tuning and validation of boards.
Valid through: 12/15/2020