What you get to do in this role:
- Drive hardware enhancements from original concept through final implementation across all system architectures and assess impact to performance and capacity.
- Evaluate and test new products, frequently prior to general availability, identifying root cause issues through testing and making sound recommendations to resolve issues.
- Work closely with development teams to understand impacts of new software platform enhancements on the hardware stack.
- Identify novel hardware/software technologies and architectures and benchmark potential changes to prove your theories.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 10+ years evaluating, cost-modeling and implementing new datacenter technologies. This includes managing multi-vendor RFP’s.
- 10+ years profiling and evaluating Linux and database performance.
- 5+ years experience with with diverse HA storage solutions (SAN, FC, iSCSI). Experience with NVMeoF and/or Object desired.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex projects.
- Excellent communication & customer skills, conflict management, and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Bachelor or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field. Masters preferred.