$150K — $200K *
The Staff Graphics Architect is a key role that will provide strategic technical leadership and solutions in the areas of building Dolby Vision solutions for compute constrained software environments.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of image processing algorithms and experience in mapping them to constrained environment retaining the quality that is close to ideal. You are a software architect and engineer with long experience of implementing real time algorithms using GPU and other display hardware blocks.
You are in touch with ecosystem creation, delivery and consumption trends, roadmaps for relevant operating system, silicon and device architectures; and leverages these insights to establish and frame technology components that create value for Dolby Vision in particular, and Dolby Imaging in general.
·Collaborate with product management and research teams, understand the Dolby Vision related product requirements in PC and Gaming line of products.
.Build core software implementations for technologies applicable across ecosystems, industries, markets, and product categories; for many different capture and playback use cases that work in resource constrained environments such as low network bandwidth, low compute power and low power consumption
· Develop new software designs and architectures that meet current requirements as well as some future proofing built in.
· Lead design reviews and provide feedback to other engineers through code reviews.
· Collaborate with software engineers and develop real time GPU optimized implementation of image processing algorithms.
·Represent Dolby with highest technical acumen and establish long lasting relationships with the engineering teams of top leading companies such as Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc.
·Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, Product Engineering, and Technical Support regarding system and product improvements and new product designs, and their priorities. Leverage feedback based on customer input, industry experience, and internal objectives.
· Ensure relevant information on “what works and what doesn’t” learned during projects is captured for reuse in future product development effort.
· Provide management direction and technical leadership in software architecture team.
· Organize and deliver internal and external technology presentations and demos as required.
Must have skills:
· M.S. or B.S. in Engineering, or equivalent related experience
· 10+ years of experience implementing signal processing algorithms in graphics subsystems.
· 5+ years of experience with Game development.
· 5+ years of real time software development experience on Windows.
· 5+ years of developing C++ and Object-oriented designs.
· 5+ years of Graphics platforms such as DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan, etc.
· Video engineering background is required.
. Ability to adapt one’s communication approach in an astute manner thereby influencing both local and international customers.
· Position will require roughly 20% international/Domestic travel (when safe to do so).
Nice to have:
· Video codecs, and compression standards such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC.
· In depth Digital Signal Processing knowledge.
Valid through: 3/18/2021