This is a high-visibility technical leadership position with Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) platform engineering organization to establish a highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed data platform. This next generation data platform serves the global, fast growing PlayStation Network customer base. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network data platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
Let's talk, if:
- You are passionate about making distributed systems better and have an insatiable thirst to keep learning.
- You have deep expertise in system engineering and have successfully improved the performance of the software stack.
- You know how to troubleshoot complicated issues throughout the software stack.
- You have implemented rigorous best practices for measuring, understanding, predicting, and improving the performance of enterprise grade systems (even better if they happen to be Data oriented).
- You know how to build strong partnership with Architects to influence technology decisions.
- You have led a development community establishing and influencing quality engineering best practices across the development community.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, eCommerce platform domain expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Performs a key role in the evolution of the performance, load and stress testing strategy, applying industry standard best practices and implementation to enable highly available, active-active, extensible data services for the SIE platform
Plays a senior role in end-to-end performance testing, working closely with engineering and quality teams. Designs and builds a scalable test framework for performance testing
Works cross-functionally with Product and Operations teams to drive performance testing strategy and initiatives, define workflows and performance requirements. Develops test scripts and scenarios to these requirements.
Participates in product roadmap discussions and identify key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in software test development, expert level of programming, design, and analysis.
- Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for a complex, high throughput system.
- Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability.
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, Big Data/NoSQL).
- Hands on experience with performance testing frameworks such as JMeter.
- Solid understanding of the path(s) customer requests take from web browser to backend.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and test driven development processesrequired.
- Must possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.