SigFig is tearing down the barriers to investing. We've raised $60 million to support our growth as the #1 Online Investment Advisor for large Financial Institutions. Help us define the next generation of investing!
WHY THIS JOB IS IMPORTANT:
You will drive the decisions to help make our platform scale for all our current and future partners. You’ll help us platformize our code, designing and building high-impact features. You’ll help shape the future of our engineering department by leading a team, sitting on our design review board, along with coaching our junior and mid-level engineers to grow in their career. It’s not easy, but it’s an incredible opportunity for people who like technical, people and business challenges.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Lead a cross functional engineering team.
- Work with our product owners to build tech specs from business requirements. Drive decisions, and lead the delivery of the team’s projects.
- Build highly performant web applications on our stack (AngularJS, Typescript, Sass, Bootstrap)
- Participate in our architecture review board, ensuring we’re building the right things the right way.
- Be responsible for developer quality improvement efforts across our implementations
- Participate in our hiring process so we continue to hire the right people for our growing team.
- Work with our amazing product and design teams to develop and iterate on user interfaces that bring simplicity to complicated financial data
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WITH:
Successful candidates will understand the business goals of the what they build, provide insightful feedback on UI mock-ups, and implement new features with an eye towards customization and ease-of-use. The work we do here is very collaborative, so team players and an experience with fast moving projects is a big plus as well. We’re a growing company that’s moving fast, so people who can wear many hats and have an eagerness to learn new things on the fly.
FOR TECHNICAL SKILLS, WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 8 -12 years experience building web applications using modern frameworks like Angular, React, Sass, Typescript, and Bootstrap
- Proven record of hands on leadership delivering software projects
- Experience designing large, customizable features on the front end
- Stellar communication skills. Experience mentoring or managing engineers is great, as is customer facing experience
- Strong CS fundamentals (Data structures and algorithms especially)
- Familiarity with PHP, Java or Scala
- Knowledge of finance and investing is a plus
- Startup experience, or any history succeeding in an ambiguous environment is a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
- Catered lunches daily and a kitchen stocked full of drinks and snacks
- Fitness subsidy
- Commuter subsidy