As a Staff Firmware Engineer on our firmware team, you will help design, develop, and test software for embedded systems, including Linux device drivers, in a fast-paced agile environment. You will be responsible for supporting our team of embedded software developers and providing guidance on testing and leveraging internal and external resources to produce world-class software. You will act as a strong technical voice in discussions with leadership and engineering.
- Lead firmware validation projects from planning, execution, to reporting of status to the engineering team and management.
- Create test plans for thorough testing of firmware using internal and external test tools.
- Define firmware requirements for the white-box test development; working closely with firmware team members.
- Define and develop new test cases for firmware feature testing.
- Oversee regression runs, including triaging of issue, and report failures to firmware or other stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years' hands-on experience in firmware test development (design/develop/validate).
- Good knowledge of different firmware modules; host and backend.
- Proficient in C#, C/C++, and/or Python, and the ability to learn and adapt new languages and frameworks.
- Experienced in Test Automation, frameworks
- Ability to do thorough analysis of test failures and skilled in problem recreation. Ability to use analyzer, scope, and other debug tools is a plus.
- Fast learner with good communication skills.
- Must be proactive and a strong team player
Job ID R-312230