Staff Firmware Engineer
8 - 10 years experience •
Microsemi's Performance Storage Business Unit is a leader in enterprise class non-volatile memory SoC controllers targeting state of the art NVM technologies. The Performance Storage Business Unit is looking for experienced Firmware Design Engineers.
As a member of the core firmware development team, supervised by the firmware manager, you will be involved in the design and implementation of firmware for the latest generation of Microsemi's Flashtec NVMe Controllers.
- Participate as a member of the firmware team to design and implement PCIe and NVMe firmware for the Flashtec NVMe Controllers using C and assembly language.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex software problems in embedded real-time systems.
- Generate comprehensive engineering documentation.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 7 or more years of related work experience in the embedded systems design and development using microprocessors.
- Strong C and C++ programming skills and product development experience.
- Strong background in Software methodology and full-cycle development (design, implementation, testing, and debugging)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative environment with geographically separated teams
- Experience in Computer Storage industry, especially with NVMe/PCIe protocols and SSD algorithms.
- Below skills are preferred:
- ARM SoC Architecture
- Familiarity with HW & SW Co-verification / Emulation Platforms
- Version Management and Tracking System (SVN, Perforce etc.)
- Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Knowledge on one of more of these scripting languages: PERL, Python, Linux shells, Windows PowerShell
- Familiarity with Linux environment (CLI, device drivers, shell scripting etc.)
- C++/Object-Oriented concepts
- Bus/Logic Analyzers