$80K — $100K *
The Staff Facilities Engineer provides technical support for the design and maintenance of infrastructure at all manufacturing facilities in the Lehigh Valley (Forks 1, Forks 2, LVIP and CDC) as well as all corporate and sales office buildings plus five Crayola Experience locations. Assets include HVAC and central chilled water, buildings & grounds, fire protection, roads & railways, sanitary sewer, steam boilers, compressed air, waste water treatment, geothermal systems and solar farms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use maintenance management system (CMMS) to monitor the condition of infrastructure assets and the proper allocation of maintenance resources.
• Identify the root cause(s) of chronic and/or critical asset failures (RCFA) and lead efforts to develop and implement cost-effective, sustained solutions.
• Manage maintenance service contracts including periodic updates or creation of new contracts as required.
• Manage small and large capital projects including cost estimates, RFQ documents, budgeting, scheduling and commissioning.
• Oversee planning and utilization of office space in all Crayola facilities.
• Maintain working relationship with Crayola’s insurance carrier.
• Maintain working relationships with state and local regulatory agencies including PA Labor & Industry, PA Environmental Protection and the DRBC as required.
• Travel to other locations, including overnight travel if needed, to perform duties.
• Document work accurately and issue technical reports/presentations as required.
• Responsible for leading projects (capital projects). This involves full execution of initiating concepts, proposals, and planning work.
• Provides in-depth technical leadership and expertise to the Facilities Technicians. This expertise & leadership includes facilities systems operations (i.e. hot water, steam, chilled water, electrical, HVAC, well water, etc.), life safety operations, equipment operations, equipment sizing, and system technical operations.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering required; Mechanical, Electrical or Civil preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years of related plant and facilities experience.
• Experience with structured problem solving methods; Six Sigma DMAIC or Lean A3 processes preferred.
• Experience with HVAC systems including Building Automation Systems (BAS); Johnson Controls Metasys preferred.
• Experience with common manufacturing utility systems including boilers, chillers, compressed air and wastewater treatment.
• Experience with process piping systems including threaded and welded pipe/fittings, hand valves, control valves, pressure/temperature/flow instrumentation and piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
• Experience with electrical distribution systems including 600V.
• Experience with building construction including flooring, roofing, facades, structural steel, concrete and paved surfaces.
• Proficient architectural and mechanical drafting skills in AutoCAD or equivalent 2D software.
• Experience with current applicable codes and regulations including BOCA, IBC, NFPA, OSHA and FM Global policies.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; oral, written reports and slide presentations.
Valid through: 12/22/2021