Systems Engineering is responsible for using their broad technical expertise, leadership skills, and development process knowledge to be the technical leader for product development. System Engineering also aids in translating voice of customer into user and business needs, development of system and product requirements.
Additionally, System Engineering identifies hazards and accesses requirements to ensure that the product meets the user/business needs and can be translated into product and process specifications for new hardware and software products that effect many systems or for the enhancement of multiple systems.
The expectation for a Staff Systems Engineer is that they participate as a technical leader on project core teams, act as a leader of technical excellence, and act as an agent for continuous improvement within the Systems Engineering Team.
As such they are expected to help identify tasks/resources, prioritize tasks/resources, and coach junior resources to ensure that critical project milestones are met and systems integration activities are identified and fulfilled.
- Demonstrates knowledge of advanced system-level technology
- Working knowledge of product development lifecycle
- Provides system/product-level feasibility and risks assessments
- Facilitates cross-functional knowledge and experiences to promote the understanding and resolution of in-market and product development issues
- Responsible for coordination of system-level product development and its integration
- Coach junior associates
- Serves as a key resource to examine system behavior issues and bring to resolution for existing products
- Identify opportunities and drives continuous improvement efforts
- Apply and assert DFSS best practices on all projects
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Engineering or technical degree. A post graduate degree is desired.
- > 10 years related work experiencerequired (combination of work experience and advanced degrees).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to lead multi-discipline engineering teams.
- A strong technical background within Systems Engineering, medical device development, or similar
- Experience with Systems Engineering, requirements management, systems integration and testing, system architectural planning and design, ReliabilityEngineering, Project Management, and Failure Modes Effects Analysis.
- DFSS knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills with the following departments: interdepartmental (with fellow engineers), cross-functional (with Marketing, Clinical Representatives, Software Engineers, Test Engineers, and Quality Engineers)
• Must have very strong writing skills.
• Attention to detail paramount.
- Experience coaching junior associates a plus.
- Identified and drove continuous improvement projects/efforts.
- Experiencing making architectural decisions in either products or platforms is a plus.
- Experience working within an agile environment a plus.
Job ID R-24804