We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
The Staff Engineer/Web Developer role will provide engineering support for system management activities related to system software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. It will also provide technical input to management decision making in the areas of software, hardware, and performance. This role responsibilities include: defining networking requirements; performing detailed analysis of various projects and requests; developing designs for projects that have medium to high complexity; formulating procedures; monitoring key performance indicators; and implementing advanced business solutions. It may also integrate systems or build systems via the DevOps model depending on the maturity of the organization and/or product.
Design and Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas and vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements.
- Review and provide recommendation on new technologies, roadmaps and vendor product offerings specific to server, software technologies and other products.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
- Provide consultation and work closely with other functional infrastructure areas on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational business goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provide consulting to project teams on design development, integration opportunities, planning of systems and assures it is aligned to our established strategies, guiding principles, rationales and practices.
Planning and Organizing
- Assist and provide guidance on project/program planning phases and process.
- Direct and/or indirect management responsibility for large to enterprise size projects /programs/initiatives/services with high complexity across multiple functional area(s).
- Review, participate, develop and update guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve design solutions for business and infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participates in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering or High School Diploma or GED and 12 years of technology experience
- 4 years of Technology experience
- 4 years identifying technical solutions for business problems - identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
- 3 years of experience with Web Development and HTML
- 1 year of experience with Adobe Experience Manager
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization.
Auburn Hills Technical Center