Staff Engineer - Technical lead - Android App and Framework
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Staff Engineer – Technical lead – Android App and Framework for our client in Bellevue, WA
Job Title: Staff Engineer – Technical lead – Android App and Framework
Job Location: Bellevue, WA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Experience Level (Years): 5-6 years
- We are looking for talented Mobile Software Engineers for supporting Client's mobile product commercialization and advanced service development with US carriers.
- The lab is also responsible for carrier technical requirement analysis, architecture design and feature implementation of software services on device and in the cloud.
- We need software development engineers who are passionate about mobile technologies, software and services in the mobile and cloud space, as well as creating cutting edge innovations for client's next generation products and services, in the cloud and on devices.
- A Staff Software Engineer with the lab will play a technical lead role in many aspects of device engineering: requirement analysis, architecture design, implementation and commercialization of specific features on Android and Tizen devices, as well as debugging and resolving device issues across OS layers.
- The role is expected to provide technical guidance to junior engineers on software architecture, design patterns, engineering best practice, as well as task prioritization and professional communication internally and externally.
- As a Staff Engineer with full stack development experience, identify and propose innovations and new services, perform deep requirement analysis and software architecture design. Develop both server side and client side architecture and functional specifications by utilizing best design patterns and coding standards. Provide guidance to the team in designing, developing and test planning throughout the entire engineering process with emphasis on design for usability, performance, scalability, testability and code coverage.
- Mentor junior engineers on complex issue analysis, architecture, design and development.
- Perform root cause analysis of technical issues by leveraging deep expertise in broad mobile embedded system areas such as Android application performance, Android Framework, mobile OS internals, Linux kernel, system battery performance, system stability, and so on.
- Evaluate internal engineering process and identify improvement for better software quality and shorter time to market.
- Proficiency in Native Android development experience ( 3 – 5 years of experience ).
- Design, develop, unit test and deploy Android based solutions using common standards and frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of Android SDK, understands the fundamentals of what makes good app design and can show examples of this.
- Must have zigbee protocols
- Understanding of core Java &/ C++ and OOD.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamentals of computer science – operating systems, data structures, algorithms, and TCP/IP networking concept–is mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Industry candidates are required to have at least 6 years of work experience on mobile embedded systems (Android preferred).
- Candidates with demonstrable expertise in Android internals or with development experience with phone OEMs will be given preference.
- Strong sense of project ownership required. Self-motivated and comfortable to learn and solve complicated problems in new technical areas under pressure.