Role Summary: The Computing and Networking Platform Computing Systems (PCS) Systems Engineering Lead is accountable for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role, you will manage the systems efforts for assigned PCS products, assist the business with the road maps, support proposal efforts related to Computing and Networking Products, and support product adoption across multiple platforms. Essential Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for leading the systems efforts for assigned products within the computing product family in cooperation and alignment with the PCS Technical Managers, PCS Computing Products Growth Leader and the PCS business partners. This role has overall accountability for all systems engineering duties for the assigned computing products. This role provides technical leadership and assistance to the assigned product(s) project teams to insure they deliver on cost, quality, schedule, and technical goals.
This position has the following essential responsibilities:
- Manage the Systems Engineering Lifecycle for assigned products.
- Assist Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Business Leaders in new pursuits.
- Cross train PCS Systems Engineers on the requirements, functionality and capability of the assigned products and associated product line(s).
- Drive and support engineering reuse within the product line.
- Provide technical leadership to the teams running projects within the product line. This includes supporting project planning, conducting reviews, metrics development/tracking, forecasting, development processes, and risk and opportunity management.
- Ensure timely delivery of product systems requirements, integrated validation/verification activities, and issue resolution.
- Support the startup of new projects to insure they are well planned in accordance with the product roadmap, the overall product line strategy and engineering process requirements.
- Drive the development of intellectual property (patents and trademarks) to support the product line.
- Lead interdisciplinary collaboration with software, hardware, test, safety, reliability, certification and quality teams ensuring timely delivery of products to customers.
- Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner.
- Prior experience managing or designing within a product area.
- Prior experience with identification and collection of metrics and effective use of metrics to maintain systems cost and schedule performance.
- Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, FAA/EASA/NAA certification, and system safety.
- Able to communicate directly with senior leadership inside and outside the company.
- Ability to lead teams in an Agile development and integration of systems.