Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to become a part of our organization.
If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for! Control & Diagnostic Systems (CDS) is a dynamic engineering organization focused on the development and certification of military, commercial and industrial gas turbine engine control and diagnostic systems. CDS is responsible for all aspects of Pratt & Whitney engine control and diagnostic system development including: requirements analysis & definition, system & software architecture, algorithm design, and product software design, verification & validation.
We integrate the control and diagnostic system design across other engine system modules and with the air vehicles and provide support throughout the complete engine product life cycle. Job responsibilities include a wide range of technical tasks in support of engine control & diagnostic systems and software development and test which may include component and software requirements definition, development, integration, test, verification and support.
Specific tasks include one or more of the following:
- Provide Control system and component requirements analysis, development & allocation to software.
- Generate, coordinate, document, maintain and evaluate component and software requirements and specifications.
- Develop/verify/validate control & diagnostic systems software embedded in the engine electronic control.
- Lead and/or support engine and/or bench test planning, definition, setup and test execution activities including resolution of anomalies.
- Analyze data from bench, engine, ground and flight test to resolve anomalies and ensure compliance to requirements.
- Coordinate and resolve component-related issues during engine build and test.
- Lead and/or supportinvestigations and continuous improvement initiatives by identifying, implementing and validating product and process improvements.
- Coordinate and monitor project activities to ensure successful performance to program requirements and execution of product development milestones.
Would you benefit from a better life balance
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Employee Resource Groups:
The 9 ERGs have a collective mission of supporting P&W's recruitment, development, and retention efforts through workshops and events that promote personal/professional development, employee engagement, community involvement, and business value.
- All ERGs are open to all UTC employees, participation is voluntary
- ERGs strive to provide short and long-term professional and personal benefits to their members
- There are many other employee organizations at P&W, often more recreational in nature (e.g. jazz band and bicycling club).
We’re known for moving the world forward – building machines that run for hours, days and weeks without pause. But, people aren’t machines. This year, UTC updated the vacation policy to provide more vacation time sooner. You are eligible for up to 3 work weeks paid vacation days each of your first 9 years. This amount is prorated in your first year based on the month you start with the company.
Birth and Parental Leave:
As a mother or father you have time off options to consider while caring for and bonding with your child. UTC employees also enjoy up to 8 paid weeks of birth and adoption leave and 4 paid weeks for parental leave.
Employee Scholar Program:
We are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the ESP. We believe that individual and corporate success is motivated by lifelong learning so we enable employees to continue their higher education. We want to have the best-educated workforce in the world. ESP is one of the most comprehensive company-sponsored employee education programs in the world.
More than 45,000 employees have earned more than 38,000 degrees.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in control system and/or software requirements definition, development, integration, test, verification and/or support.
- U.S. Citizen due to governement contracts
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace Software or Computer Engineering
- Master's Degree
- If you have strong communication, planning, interpersonal and teaming skills with the ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and multi-organizational environment.
- Solid track record of achieving results in a technical role.
- Excellent cross discipline communication skills.
- Familiarity with gas turbine engine control system architectures and control system development is desirable.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards such as DO-178B/C is desirable.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67809BR