We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
The Staff Engineer role will provide engineering support for system management activities related to system software, hardware, performance, problem determination or resource management requiring communication and coordination with vendors, technicians, clients, and management. This role will also provide technical input to management decision making in the areas of software, hardware, and performance. This role will perform hands-on technical implementation, with a focus on delivering functional solutions on the Salesforce.com platform. The Staff Engineer will take a lead role in the design, implementation, deployment and documentation of projects that leverage the Salesforce.com toolset.
Design and Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas and vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements.
- Review and provide recommendation on new technologies, roadmaps and vendor product offerings specific to server, software technologies and other products.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
- Liaise with internal clients and users to understand their business needs in developing solutions through Salesforce.
- Provide consultation and work closely with other functional infrastructure areas on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational business goals and objectives.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for solution architecture that will include configuration, development, integration and customization of complex environments.
- Participate in and provide consulting to project teams on design development, integration opportunities, planning of systems and assures it is aligned to our established strategies, guiding principles, rationales and practices.
- Develop software solutions using MS tools, Salesforce.com API framework, and 3rd party APIs.
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as needed.
- Perform unit testing and defect fixes.
Planning and Organizing
- Assist and provide guidance on project/program planning phases and process.
- Direct and indirect management responsibility for large to enterprise size projects, programs, initiatives, and services with high complexity across multiple functional area(s).
- Review, participate, develop and update guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve design solutions for business and infrastructure project, programs or initiatives.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participates in committees representing the department and planning unit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science or Engineering or High School Diploma or GED and 12 years of technology experience.
- 4 years of experience identifying technical solutions for business problems - identifying the benefits and risks of the solutions and providing recommendations
- 4 years of experience in Salesforce Declarative Programming and Administration (develop code, custom objects, Lightning Pages, Apex, reports, workflows and assignment rules)
- 4 years of experience in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methods
- Completion of 1 or more Salesforce integration and extension projects in lead technical roles
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization.