"Who we want Dedicated Achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in fast-paced environments and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations. Curious Learners.
Engineers who see out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to design products. Collaborative partners.
People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices. What you will do The Staff R&D Engineer is responsible for a wide variety of investigative research and new technology/platform development that advances the division’s capabilities and supports the long-term growth strategy.
The Staff R&D Engineer provides technical skills, leadership, innovative thinking, and customer focus, while engaging with other divisions and third parties to deliver new technologies and platforms. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to execute new technology/platform development strategies that are aligned with the five-year strategic plan.
The Staff Engineer approaches complex problems with an inquisitive nature and embraces multifaceted inputs to develop comprehensive & creative solutions.
This position plans and leads new technology and platform execution from proof of concept to pilot scale and to market release as applicable, partners with Advanced Operations to facilitate the transfer of new technologies into design specifications and manufacturing processes, collaborates with our Sales and Marketing teams, as well as customers to better understand business and clinical needs, and translate those into value propositions for business investments, supports the alignment of Regulatory and Marketing on product claims and launch strategies and researches and develops novel comprehensive test methods and systems to support diverse technologies and platforms
The Staff Engineer possesses proficiency with project management principles to effectively meet technology readiness objectives and other project milestones to achieve desired outcomes. You will plans and directs new product development including leading design team activity to perform root cause analysis and modify plans as appropriate
The Staff Engineer will also lead the development of technical protocols and reports to support technology readiness confidence levels and other project milestones, sponsor studies with test facility for clinical feedback as applicable, and provides leadership in business updates/presentations to management and stakeholders.
There is potential supervisory responsibilities of interns or R&D technicians for new technology/platform execution however, this role does provide leadership and mentorship for other engineers,What you need
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with 2+ years medical device industry required
- Advanced understanding of Statistical Methods and Project Management Principles (formal training preferred)
- Ability to direct development of an action plan and estimate requirements for resources, (management, tasks, budgets, labor, materials, and time required to complete projects).
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology/concepts related to medical devices.
- Advanced knowledge of FDA requirements associated with the development of medical devices including Design Control and the technical supportrequired for regulatory submissions..
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project, Visio
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan/prioritize activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present issues, plans and objectives.
- Ability to work in fast-paced organization, meeting multiple deadlines and succeeding under pressure is a must.
- Motivated, resourceful, ambitious, enthusiastic and attentive to detail.
Position Snapshot Requisition ID#: 29167BR Job Title : Staff Engineer, R&D Business Function: R& D Division: R&D Business Unit: Sustainability Solutions Location: Tempe, AZ % Travel Required: Up to 3 0 % "