We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Process Development and Technology Transfer team. This individual shall provide technical leadership for manufacturing process development, new product introduction, and manufacturing support. Additionally, this person will partner cross-functionally with R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance to accomplish company and project goals.
- Provide technical leadership to define, develop, characterize, optimize, and transfer consumables processes and products to manufacturing.
- Solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical problems at the interface of biology, chemistry and material science.
- Design and execute controlled experiments to optimize manufacturing processes, quality, cost, and throughput. Drive implementation of solutions into manufacturing to meet company and project goals.
- Define, source, install, and qualify manufacturing equipment in support of manufacturing process and product volume requirements.
- Work with external suppliers to define raw material specifications and optimize raw material performance.
- Define technical and operational process requirements. Translate technical requirements to define and document manufacturing specifications, procedures, and controls.
- Represent Operations’ needs on development teams and other cross-functional teams.
- B.S./M.S./PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or Biotechnical Engineering with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience or PhD in Biology or Molecular Biology with at least 6 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Work experience in the biotech, life sciences, pharmaceutical or semiconductor industries is desirable.
- Experience with molecular biology or next generation sequencing is a plus.
- Demonstrated abilities in consumables manufacturing process development and technology transfer to manufacturing are required.
- Experience with statistics including comparative analyses, DOE techniques, process capability, and Statistical Process Control are required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging, interdisciplinary technical challenges is required.
- Intermediate software programming, scripting, and lab automation skills are a plus.
- Strong interdepartmental communication, influence, and documentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments is required.