Req ID: JR-9999035829
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
Western Digital’s SSD Packaging & Assembly Development organization has a charter of developing and qualifying IC package / drive assembly processes supporting all SSD product groups.
Functionally, the organization spans across BGA package & SMT / mechanical drive assembly development through all life cycle phases starting from concept, design and validation, qualification and high volume manufacturing to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturing requirements.
Geographically, the organization has core SSD package / assembly engineering teams located in US, Israel, China & Malaysia.
Package engineering team in US is responsible for delivering robust, reliable, cost-effective package & drive assembly solutions aligned with the end-product requirements. This involves participation in core teams, co-working with packaging & assembly counter-parts and manufacturers in Asia with respect to design, innovate, develop, qualification and ramp to meet the deliverables / expectations set.
Responsibilities and Project Scope:
- Defines, Develops & Qualifies new SSD package & drive assembly requirements while maintaining quality of existing ones for all SSD product groups within the company
- Plans and develops design characterization and process qualification plans for new SSD package & drive assembly aligned with product reliability & customer specifications
- Identifies risks and drives mitigation plans to address the challenges
- Using appropriate tools, performs integrity analysis of packages / drive assemblies (includes FMEA, DFX & statistical analysis)
- Prepares and/or updates various packaging & assembly specifications, Bill of Materials and reports
- Coordinates with factories worldwide through all product life cycle phases to enable high volume introduction of new SSD package & drive assemblies
- Participates in cross-functional teams and ensures that SSD package & drive assemblies are qualified and introduced into production in a timely manner while meeting all reliability and quality requirements
- Acts as a liaison with vendors
- Maintains product quality while developing and introducing cost reduction programs
- Manages assembly yield improvement
- Responsible for maintaining package / assembly roadmaps for the product lines supported
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- IC Package / Board Level Assembly (Design, Process development, integration, technology development, pathfinding)
- Board Level Mechanical Reliability
- Factory emergency taskforce support
- Special engineering projects
- Highly technical functional program manager
The SDUS SSD Assembly and Packaging team embodies a high performance culture, marked by highly analytical, attention-to-details, hyper-productive, highly hands-on individuals. They work together to solve difficult problems. They are innovative. They possess the elusive “complete ownership” characteristic and have strong engineering pride, always willing to go above and beyond.
- Masters or PhD graduate in Mechanical, Materials Science or Industrial Engineering, with at least 10-15 years semi-conductor industry experience
- Demonstrated track record to rapidly analyze and solve complex engineering issues by pursuing a focused solution path with a clear understanding of the point of diminishing returns
- Proficient in statistical analysis towards problem solving and the use of Excel and JMP
- Demonstrated track record to summarize complex data sets for technical and non-technical audiences; elegant in DOE design and execution
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to work well with people; have strong inter-cultural intuition; have high sense of urgency
- Demonstrated track record working hands-on around technical equipment and processes (including metrology and semiconductor failure analysis techniques)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Preferred candidate will have worked on projects related to semiconductor packaging & drive assembly
- Position requires substantial experience in Management of Multi-disciplinary Project Development
- Knowledge of solder joint reliability, materials / mechanical aspects of SSD packaging & drive assembly a plus
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Cadence APD, Finite Element Analysis, Design of Experiments, statistical techniques and package failure analysis techniques required
At the forefront of flash memory storage, industry-leading SanDisk-branded integrated and embedded solutions deliver the possibilities of data for data centers and mobile devices, enabling fast and reliable data access. SanDisk, WD, HGST and G-Technology brands position Western Digital as the world's target data storage company and flash memory leader.