The Staff Mechanical Engineer position may be responsible for product design, analysis testing or support depending on his or her role in the technology organization. This role requires exceptional product and technology knowledge, leadership and communication skills. The Staff Mechanical Engineer will often interface with and support the needs of other organizations throughout LORD Corporation. This position also requires significant interface with LORD customers throughout the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify and Implement best practices.
- Maintain proficiency in the respective field of expertise and related areas through formal and self study, professional society affiliation, professional certification, participation on cross functional improvement teams, special assignments, etc.
- Review assigned projects, deliverables and schedules within the project management system.
- Make commitments based on customer need, resource availability and project risk; complete those commitments on time.
- Complete hours assigned to key deliverables as scheduled.
- Update LPD and Project Schedule weekly on progress of hours worked and deliverables completed.
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
- Maintain awareness of and adherence to project schedules, resource commitments and financial commitments.
- Lead the technical effort in preparing and submitting value driven technical proposals.
- Create valuable / commercially viable LORD intellectual property as appropriate.
- Prepare and present significant project data per applicable SOW or SDRL.
- Embrace the use of LORD design/project tools such as Design Checklists, Risk Analysis, etc.
- Utilize LORD standard process and best practices to the fullest extent.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 15 years of Design, Analysis, or Test Engineering experience.
- In depth understanding of the technologies, products, materials and customers served by his or her team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to cultivate strong customer relationships.
- Strong technical aptitude analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to manage very complex assignments simultaneously with good project management, organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer requirements into viable technical and commercial solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply theory to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound engineering judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend, develop and commercialize new technologies.
- Relentless pursuit of quality, producible, cost effective engineered solutions that provide the highest value to our customers.
- Continuing pursuit of self-development to improve his/her skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership within his/her team.
- Understanding of patent law to the extent necessary to safeguard LORD intellectual property.
- M.S. or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with 15 years of Design, Analysis, or Test Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of LORD Corporation’s product lines and emerging technologies/business development initiatives.
- Knowledgeable of LORD processes and procedures.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
LORD Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law