Job Location: Memphis, TN
In this Non-Union plant producing products such as Ice Breakers, Breath Savers, and Good & Plenty, in a high speed complex environment??..
The Engineer?s primary responsibility is to ensure the functionality, reliability and optimization of the plant?s current and future packaging systems and equipment, to meet safety, quality and productivity requirements.
- Develops and executes strategies for packaging equipment optimization; including waste reduction, change-over improvement, reliability, efficiency, etc.
- Ensures equipment design capabilities align with operational requirements (Lean, TPM)
- Coordinates and leads execution of packaging change requests through collaboration with Business Units; ensures functional capability of new packaging materials
- Effectively collaborates with corporate packaging materials engineering
- Supports the development of existing equipment autonomous maintenance activities (centerline, change-over)
- Provides technical leadership and support to Plant Operational and Maintenance staff in training, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Develops and manages packaging and plant capital projects
- Assists in development of the Plant?s 5 year capital plan
- Collaborates with Maintenance to ensure proper asset reliability plans in place
- Develops and manages external supplier relationships
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, prioritization, and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of packaging equipment and manufacturing processes
- Ability to effectively drive change in a fast paced environment, through collaborative efforts
- Capital project administration and management skills
- Ability to coach and lead others to achieve results, following all safety, quality, and productivity policies and procedures
- Ability to function independently and take ownership of improvement processes
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineeringrequired
- Minimum 5 years of related technical experiencerequired
- Experience with packaging equipment, automation and controls preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing or TPM principals is a plus
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans