$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
11 - 15 years
Posted 57 days ago
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Western Region Engineering & Sciences organization supporting the Navigation and Positioning Systems and Integrated Digital Systems business areas at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Lead engineering efforts on subteams of programs that deliver inertial and navigation systems or mission computers and cockpit upgrades.
• Responsible for meeting business goals for engineering cost and schedule for scope of work as assigned.
• Oversee and manage the engineering design, development, test and integration of hardware and software products/subsystems.
• Own the overall technical quality and performance, budget (cost), and schedule for the engineering content of the assigned scope of work.
• Ensure that the subteam is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment in accordance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards.
• Serve as the interface to the Program Manager, SEIT Lead, Chief Engineer, and other IPT leads to coordinate subteam technical and programmatic status and issues.
• Serve as the interface to the Engineering Discipline/Department Managers to coordinate staffing requirements and ensure proper skill mix to support subteam activities.
• Serve as the interface for Configuration Management, Subcontract Management and Manufacturing Operations for assigned scope of work.
• Track and communicate the subteam's technical metrics.
• Lead subsystem and low-level technical reviews.
• Mentor junior technical contributors.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline with 14 years of relevant experience; Master's degree with 12 years of relevant experience; PhD with 7 years of relevant experience.
• Experience leading a small team on a technical development effort or technical production support.
• Experience with generating or reviewing cost estimates/basis of estimates (BOEs).
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
• Master's Degree in a technical field.
• Technical project management with budget experience.
• Experience in bid and proposal development.
• Knowledge of engineering planning, scheduling, metrics, earned value systems, and workload forecasting.
• Technical experience in avionics or guidance and navigation control systems.
• Demonstrated experience mentoring junior technical contributors.
• Current Secret or Top Secret level security clearance.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16