Do you want to be part of a team that will change the future of automotive user experience? Are you passionate about delivering a quality product with innovative ideas? If so, read on!
The Digital Cockpit Validation Team at NIO is responsible for testing a disruptive new automotive hardware and software platform that will deliver an amazing user experience! We provide system/subsystem testing services, including end-to-end, protocol, functionality, and performance testing.
As a staff engineer, you will have unique and challenging requirements for developing and maintaining tools and techniques for delivering top class quality product. You will have to work with cross-functional teams to understand and influence product requirements and technically influence testability of those requirements across different development organizations.
- Create, review and maintain testing assets such as test plans, test reports, test dashboard.
- Develop automation stations, tools and techniques to improve test coverage of the product.
- Develop Test Strategy to support and execute hardware and software subsystem testing.
- Identify critical gaps, provide solution for continuous integration and improve operating efficiency.
- Interacting with internal development and product teams to influence testability of the product.
- Hands on testing and debugging complex product configurations.
- Mentor and train others in validation organization.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or other degree with relevant hardware experience.
- 7+ years of working experience as a Validation or System Test Engineer/Lead.
- Expert in Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Expert in testing Embedded System Software and good knowledge of Hardware components and microcontrollers (MCU).
- Expert script language developer (Python, Perl, shell scripts, etc.).
- Experience with common communication protocols (USB, SPI, I2C, UART, etc).
- Experience with wireless protocols (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC) and networking stacks.
- Experience in Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Expert in designing automation test framework.
- Expert in developing system/subsystem test plans and reports.
- Expert in hardware, software, and I/O testing.
- Expert in testing under Windows, Linux, Android, and one or more RTOS.
- Expert in debugging system issues.
- Proficiency with bug tracking systems.
- Proficiency with software toolchains, build systems and version control.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, results-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in multi-site development organizations.
- Experience with QNX
- Experience with automotive communication protocol (e.g. CAN, Ethernet).
- Experience with testing in Automotive industry
- Experience with tools like CANoe and PCAN
- Proficient with vehicle network (CAN, LIN, Ethernet) and protocols like UDS, DoIP, etc.
- Experience with ISO 26262 or other safety standards