Seeking a motivated Staff Systems Engineer with extensive hardware integration experience, to be part of the Rail Integration team responsible for supporting a variety of Systems for the Transit industry. The Staff Systems Engineer will design, review, interpret, and install system infrastructures for the Transit and Railroad industry. Our team consists of integration engineers, technicians, communication engineers and system administrators and the Staff Systems Engineer will work with these teammates to complete the variety of tasks on projects. These project include SCADA, Customer Information Systems (CIS), Networking and CCTV technologies
- Will Design, develop, and integrate hardware solutions on our Rail project
- Will develop system drawings to depict new design and connections
- Bill of Material (BOM)
- Connections and Cabling
- Overall connection architecture and system layout
- Will oversee the buildout, installation and testing of the systems
- Will coordinate installation schedules with the customer and installation contractors
- Will develop training materials for the systems provided
- Work with the team to diagnose and solve issues with the system(s).
- Develop and follow system requirements so that the system meets all customer expectations.
- Will assist in proposal development efforts in support of business development
- Experience in taking a new design from inception to integration to field installation
- Experience in designing systems from a customer specification
- Experience in Systems Field integration
- Experience with design and implementation of SCADA systems
- Experience in proposal development
- Expected travel 10 to 25%
- Rail systems experience
- Virtual Machine configuration and implementation experience
- Configuration of Network communication systems experience
- Design and implementation of low voltage systems like CCTV, Public Address, Access Control, and/or Fire Management experienced
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.