$180K — $225K *
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
About the role:
As a member of the Electrical & Firmware Engineering Team at Staff level II, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded software for medical devices and instrumentation. Successful candidates will flourish with applying engineering problem-solving skills to embedded software development and work in an interactive and collaborative development environment where overcoming technical challenges is routine. As a Senior Staff Engineer, you will be providing technical leadership and having a significant impact on BD’s products.
· Collaborate closely and multi-functionally with the project team to develop and implement firmware solutions to meet product requirements and written specifications.
· Provides technical leadership and mentoring across the organization.
· Be an authority and resource regarding FW solutions, toolchains, methodologies, architectures, etc.
· Perform development work independently with minimal supervision required.
· Ensure quality of work product by following coding standards such as MISRA and IEC.
· Generate documentation to support regulatory filings and internal reports and specifications.
· Supports the work in formal Verification and Validation activities.
· Provide R&D input on CAPA reports and post product release support to BD Manufacturing worldwide.
· Follow design, quality, and safety guidelines based on GMP, FDA, and ISO guidelines and related BD Quality and Safety Standards and Practices
· Understand business goals and link them to design directions and product architecture and promote short-term solutions that support long-term product vision and strategies.
You are a hardworking and experienced senior-level firmware engineer with significant experience developing for embedded systems. You thrive in a team environment and are excited to work in the medical device industry because you realize that your work will positively impact patients’ qualities of life. You are able to handle multiple, ongoing projects and are comfortable dealing with different prioritizations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
· 8+ years proven ability in developing firmware/software for embedded systems.
· Minimum of 5 years' experience programming in C# with WCF experience. Experience using C# in non-GUI situations strongly preferred.
· Experience with Visual Studio and Embedded Windows. Strong skills with C++ development for embedded systems
· Experience with RTOS and multi-threaded development like VxWorks or Micrum uC/OS-II.
· Custom Windows Driver Development with PCIe experience, kernel mode driver development and knowledge using user mode driver development.
· Experience in various peripheral buses and network protocols, UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB, and TCP/IP.
· Low-level knowledge of communication protocols and device drivers is a plus.
· Experience programming microcontrollers (ARM, ColdFile, TI, x86, STM, etc.) required
· Hardware bring-up and debug required, Bare hardware boot processes and firmware.
· Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using test equipment such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers.
· Experience developing in a Linux environment.
· Familiarity and experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies and Issue/Task/Bug tracking systems.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in multi-functional and cross-geographical multi-disciplinary teams
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Leads time efficiently and able to context-switch as necessary to deal with new issues.
· Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
· Able to bring clarity to ambiguous situations.
· Experience with working in a regulated industry strongly preferred.
· Experienced in defining and building Windows Embedded OS with preference for Windows Embedded 8 and/or Windows IOT experience strongly preferred.
· Development experience with Embedded Linux for SoC.
· Experience with memory management, interrupt controller and bootloader strongly desired.
· Device driver development of Timer, ADC, RTC, DMA module highly preferred.
· Experience with IAR or uVision IDE.
· Experience with Azure DevOps.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Valid through: 12/14/2021