Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Job Summary: Works with product teams, analysts and other engineers to design systems and application software, and mentor junior members of the team.
- Design, prototype, and develop new UI web application features based on requirements. Represent information coming from different sources (APIs) in different formats and render UI components
- Ensure code is well tested through unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with product managers, software architects, QA engineers and DevOps engineers to ensure that the software components have been built to meet the product functional and non-functional requirements
- Participate in Design & Peer Code Review process
- Fix software bugs and engage in troubleshooting. Support software products and solutions.
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment with minimal supervision
- 5+ years of experience developing intuitive, responsive UI/Front-end for web applications
- 5+ years of experience building applications using React and Redux or a similar frontend framework
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Deep understanding of the web technology stack (HTTP, cookies, asset loading/caching, REST)
- A good understanding of front-end architectures, data-driven, and cross-browser development, and experience using REST APIs
- Good understanding of version control workflow such as Git
- Strong programming foundation with knowledge in Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns
- experience with Agile-scrum methodology and Test-driven development
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and work well independently, multi-task, and follow through on assignments to completion
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Expertise in using testing technologies including Selenium, Karma, Mocha, Jest and Chrome development tool
- Hands-on experience with D3.js, Highchart.js, underscore.js, Sass, Less, Webpack and Grunt
- Experience with WebSocket or Socket.io
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Networking is a plus
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.