Job Description: Staff Engineer, Electrical
Bloom faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a “game changing” solution called “Always on” that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion. We are looking for Staff Engineer, Electrical to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position is based in San Jose, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design electrical circuits, components, assemblies, and systems including modeling, component selection, and mechanical layout and packaging
- Generate detailed requirements specifications for suppliers of electrical components, controllers, and power electronics converters
- Support existing electrical designs by identifying areas for improvement and leading design changes
- Work closely with cross functional teams such as mechanical designers, compliance, NPI, manufacturing, supply chain, quality, installation, and field service groups
- Laboratory qualification, validation, and compliance testing of electrical components and systems; preparation of test plans and reports
- Support new designs through production ramp and initial field installations
- Occasional field support of deployed systems
- Participate in cross-functional problem-solving activities
- Manage projects and deliverables in a structured NPD process
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation
Skills and Experience:
- BSEE with 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong experience in designing electrical assemblies including wiring harnesses and panel boards
- Experience selecting and qualifying electrical components such as cables, connectors, relays, fuses, etc
- Detailed understanding of power electronics converter typologies and operation
- Basic understanding of serial communications networks (CAN, Modbus, Ethernet, etc)
- Hands-on experience testing and troubleshooting electrical and electronic equipment in a laboratory environment
- Experience drawing cable harnesses in AutoCAD, DraftSight, and/or SolidWorks Electrical preferred
- Team-oriented problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan effectively using different tools; must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality
- MSEE preferred
- EIT/PE preferred
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy’s mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company’s product, the Bloom Energy Server, delivers highly reliable and resilient, ‘Always-On’ electric power that is clean and sustainable. Bloom’s customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.