Grand Rapids, MI
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Not Specified years
Posted 56 days ago
The Platform Computing Systems Customer Applications Engineer is responsible for collaborating with the PCS Computing and Networking Products Growth Leaders, Sales and the PCS business partners in strategic customer engagements and bid and proposal efforts. This role also includes the responsibility to help establish product architectures based on customer requirements and expectations.
As the Platform Computing Systems Application Engineer you will:
• Interpret customer Statement of Work and Requirements Specifications and translate to internal product requirements and architectures
• Capture stakeholder expectations and translate to internal product requirements and architectures
• Analyze customer applications and design product architectures to fulfill user specifications and requirements
• Perform engineering trade studies
• Provide field support up to and including commissioning of new products
• Assist Sales, Marketing, and Business Leaders in new pursuits
• Prepare and present product overviews to existing and prospective customers
• Prepare and present demonstrations to existing and prospective customers
• Prepare and present product architectures to existing and prospective customers
• Lead assigned bid and proposal efforts
• Participate in generating product roadmaps
• Evaluate safety and product securityarchitectures and determine trade-offs
• Determine product certification requirements
• Drive and support engineering reuse within the product line
• Support the startup of new projects to insure they are well planned in accordance with the product roadmap, and the overall product line strategy
• Drive the development of intellectual property (patents and trademarks) to support the product line
• Escalate issues that need additional engineering or business leadership assistance in a timely manner
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science -or- minimum 15 years' experience in a Systems Engineering capacity in aerospace product design & development
• Hardware and Software System Integration Background
• Processing Hardware Experience
• Software Operating System Experience
• Software Application Architecture Experience
• Experience with avionics design guidance documents such as RTCA DO-297 and SAE ARP4754
• Experience with aerospace certification guidance documents such as SAE ARP4761
• Able to prioritize work, and communicate openly in stressful situations
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Knowledge of processing platforms, network products, and operating systems
• Complete product lifecycle experience
• Experience with embedded systems
• Experience in avionics and aircraft systems
• Experience with leading and mentoring a group
• Travel Requirements: Ability to support up to 10% travel
• This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
• Prior experience managing or designing within a product area.
• Prior experience with identification and collection of metrics and effective use of metrics to maintain systems cost and schedule performance.
• Experience with engineering processes including requirements definition, requirements allocation, requirements validation, requirements verification, integration, embedded software, electronic systems, FAA/EASA/NAA certification, and system safety.
• Able to communicate directly with senior leadership inside and outside the company.
• Ability to lead teams in an Agile development and integration of systems.