- Support coating development by implementing products into manufacturing, includes developing and implementing material formulations, processes, equipment and manufacturing capabilities. Interface with marketing, physicians, customers and suppliers as necessary to solve problems and complete projects.
- Provide appropriate direction or directly lead high level engineering efforts to, design products, materials, antimicrobial agents, formulations, processes, equipment, tooling and components by using engineering principles.
- Lead Engineering Development projects as assigned, including projects to resolve issues in Manufacturing, Product Performance or CAPA. Provide uniform solutions for international manufacturing operations.
- Champion Continuous Improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment through the use of Lean Manufacturing and statistical data analysis techniques such as TMV, Gage Studies, Process Capability Studies, DOE and SPC.
- Lead efforts to provide uniform measurement tools, chemical characterization and manufacturing techniques for international operations.
- Lead or participate in project and design reviews.
- Direct and mentor the efforts of professional and technical staff in the development of formulation, processes, equipment, documentation and the implementation of equipment improvements, fixtures and machine designs.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate improvements to existing products, formulations, manufacturing processes, machine test equipment. Advise maintenance and manufacturing engineering personnel performing troubleshooting tasks.
- Develop, approve, and revise Quality System Document, including SOP's, Work Instructions and Validations.
- Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or BioMedical Engineering, MSpreferred.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience related to the medical device industry.
- In-depth knowledge of polymers, drug release and coating properties.
- Experience with chemical characterization techniques such as HPLC, LC-MS and FTIR
- Knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements and submissions
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Additional preferred or requiredqualifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and statistical analysis packages such as MiniTab.
- Strong analytical problem solving, communications, organizational, and time management skills.
- Training in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 25 %
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery.
We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Division InformationTeleflex® offers a broad range of central venous access catheters through its proven and trusted ARROW® technologies designed to minimize risk and maximize outcomes.
Our new VasoNova™ central venous catheter navigation technology is designed to enable the optimal position for catheter tip location. Visit www.teleflex.com to view our vascular products and learn more about educational opportunities to learn more about vessel health and preservation.Opportunity
Lead high level engineering efforts to develop, and improve coating products, formulations, manufacturing processes, equipment and systems by defining specifications, materials, antimicrobial agents and manufacturing procedures across multiple product lines.